Looking for book source code for "Focus on SDL"

Started by
3 comments, last by LedMar 1 year, 9 months ago

Hello,

I'm looking for the source code for the book “Focus on SDL.”

I see free copies all of the internet, since it's an old book. I tried to find the source code and never did. So I bought the book off Amazon for $7. Unfortunately, there is no CD in it. Usually books around this time have a little CD pocket in the back where it is. And it doesn't seem to have that unless it was removed.

If anyone knows how I can get the source code, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

PS: If I can't find it I might as well take it back and hope for one that does have it.

Advertisement

If you’re super hard up, then try tanstaafl@gamedev.net

If your purpose is to learn how to use it (but as others have said, please learn SDL2 then), having to enter the code manually has advantages.

It's slower but you have to read and understand each line, and also reproduce it. You're much more involved with the code and how it works. Such close contact improves learning and remembering.

Just reading code is a much more passive activity, you read the lines, think you understand, and immediately forget them again. The brain is hardly involved in remembering how it works.

Thanks everyone,

Yeah, I know SDL2 inside and out. I thought this book was SDL2 ?. I just found the book interesting and some of the things they were talking about at the end. Thought I might pick up some concepts of using SDL differently and abstracting it. I still think I could, but if it's SDL1 there really is no point. I guess I'll just bring it back since it doesn't seem worth going on a mission to retrieve the book code.

Thanks everyone.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement