Game idea sparked from a TV show

Started by
0 comments, last by crazyc5127 1 year, 8 months ago

Not sure how many here are a fan of the TV series, Sandman, but I have been watching it and I saw an opportunity, in my mind at least, to make a game based on just one episode. The episode that I am talking about is when we first meet Dream's sister, Death. My idea was to make a game as Hob, the man who claims that death is but a choice. This was overheard by Dream and Death and they agree to give the man 100 years to see if he still wants to live or if he would be begging to die. Every 100 years, on the anniversary of that day, Dream and Hob would meet at that tavern and Hob would tell of his experiences over the last century to Dream and weather or not he wants to continue living. In the episode each century flashes by as quickly as the tavern door can open and close, this is where I want the game to take place, between the visits of the man and the Endless. Obviously, with Dream and Death's blessing to Hob, the man can't die, but as said by Dream to Hob in one of their visits Hob can be captured and tortured. With Interactive Storytelling, there are millions of ways this game can play out but I would like to at least start with the baseline that is the story that Hob tells Dream each visit in the episode. I would like to add from there a type of good and evil path, where you can eventually be worshipped by everyone or to where you can be feared by everyone, kind of like in the game, InFamous.

If anyone thinks this idea is worth something, please comment below and feel free to help me with the different story paths that Hob can take. Will we give him a short 100 year life story where he begs for Death's embrace like Dream expects? How far in the future will we go? Will he become a god or devil among men? Since every game has a trophy system in place, how many trophies will there be and how would the player achieve each of them?

Once again, this was just an idea that popped into my head while watching that episode. So any and all feedback on this idea would be greatly appreciated.

None

Advertisement

Someone who has good taste in plotlines and can put in the effort to develop the art and story, could make a fine game based on this!

There are a few “lineage” games that might be good inspirations, too; anything from Reigns to Crusader Kings III.

enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement