How to Learn DirectX 11? Best Tutorials or Books?

Started by
4 comments, last by ishtiaqahmed9834 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Hello, I want to learn DirectX 11 but either the books and resources look very old, and especially the books are not very explanatory, are there any resources where I can learn directx 11 with good examples?

Advertisement

@fleabay Direct3D11Tutorials folder seems be really basic, but other examples are really cool, I'll check out thanks!

I learned DirectX 9 by reading MSDN documents. I think it's practical for DirectX 11 also.

None

The Frank Luna books used to be good, but with DX11, they changed a few things after he published the book, hence some of his code doesn't work out of the box. Still, if you can work around that, it's not a bad source. It's mainly the D3DX library that missing but I think it's downloadable somewhere, however I ended up just not using it.

The functional specs are the best resource out there. https://microsoft.github.io/DirectX-Specs/d3d/archive/D3D11_3_FunctionalSpec.htm​ , even includes a reference CPU tessellation implementation.

Not a great learning-from-scratch-tool but the best tool to help you figure out and understand how you messed everything up.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement