Menu item select using keyboard or gamepad button (with mouse)

Started by
4 comments, last by narek5 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Hello everyone and thank you for all of your previous answers.

This is kind of a non-key issue but I need it to know and have.

Objective: I have two (as for now) menus in my game. The first one is opening, to start and quit the game, and the other one is Pause menu, and my question is for both of them.
The thing is that I need to be able to select menu items not only by using my mouse, but also keyboard and gamepad.

I know that there are lots of videos and scripts in the net, but I think I've done everything and the only thing is not done is that by mouse OnClick menu works , and I need to do something to activate that menu for keyboard (I mean I feel that there should be something line GetKeyDown to activate that).
I have new InputSystem and I have adjusted the Navigation thing.

Requesting your assistance, or if you need more information from my side, please ask.

Thank you

Advertisement

Did you try studying the documentation of the software that you use?

Basically, you're moving beyond the beginners sea of introductory material, and you're finding yourself in the desert of nothingness now. In that desert, making video etc material isn't feasible anymore (too many combinations that are too specific to cover, that each costs too much time to make for ROI).

The way forward to the mountains of enlightenment is by starting to understand how the software itself works to some extent, and how to find and follow the currently hidden paths of the software to the mountains that its developers prepared for you. Your best bet for this is anything “official” wrt to the software. Documentation, forums, chats, website, etc.

@Alberth very poetic and pointless … you could ignore my post or answer … sorry I don't need that text … I have my idea and with or without you I will reach my goals.

Thank you anyway for wasting your time to write me something useless ?

Live long and prosper ?

What are you using to capture mouse events? The same framework likely supports getting keyboard events, and perhaps even game controller events. Have you seen what its documentation says?

Solved with First Selected in EventSystem. I think I am a sofa (42) ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement