Just started with gamedev on youtube...

Started by
4 comments, last by Unitea Gamedev 9 months ago

Hey guys!

I just started a gamedev channel on youtube and really need some serious feedback. I thought sharing my dev journey from start would be interesting for some people, but I'm not sure anymore due to attention my channel gets (especially my second devlog). I would love to get some honest feedback from some of you just to improve my content for those who are interested in a solo dev journey and/or share experience with me on discord ? Thanks for your time!

Here you can find my first devlog:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V-mpykMBXE

None

Advertisement

Good teaser and am feeling somewhat hooked. I liked the humour and found the cuts, effects and shots very professional -looking. How much background and theory are you going to provide, vs. the recorded development session?

I like javidx9's format, where he breaks the assignment into parts that are each described with drawings, and he leaves little time for explaining the code. That is geared towards tinkering with source and obyaining general programming knowledge in advance (or learning by doing)

What sort of format are you going for?

@SuperVGA
Thanks for your response! I'm not fixed to what kind of format I want to create in the future. My plan was to try out some different formats like devlogs, tutorials and more entertaining formats like the AI-Gameideas Short videos i created. I think my devlogs should provide some kind of knowledge and insights on my thoughts for the developing progress packed with my humor.

For the last few years i created learning videos about databases and IT systems in my native language (german), so I'm very confident in producing tutorials and sharing knowledge in a video format. I think I should give this a try even if I'm still learning gamedev by myself.

None

I don't really follow devlogs, but I really like Reubs' Simpsons remake.
I guess you could make it more clear where you're heading, what's going to be (hopefully) the end result.
More action, less talk ?

@m_waddams

Thanks for your reply ?

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement