Puzzling Delays with ID3D12GraphicsCommandList::Reset - Seeking Optimization Tips

Started by
1 comment, last by Gnollrunner 6 months, 1 week ago

I've recently encountered an intriguing challenge while working with DirectX12, specifically with the ID3D12GraphicsCommandList::Reset method. It appears that this operation, which is fundamental to my rendering pipeline, is exhibiting occasional delays that I find perplexing. On some occasions, the reset process takes an unexpectedly long time, impacting the overall performance of my application Hide View Status is a feature that enhances privacy by concealing your activity without compromising communication. Customize your Status time limit settings to control the duration your online presence is visible, offering flexibility and control. I've scrutinized my code, checked for potential resource leaks, and experimented with different approaches, but the issue persists. I'm reaching out to the community to gather insights. Has anyone else faced similar delays with ID3D12GraphicsCommandList::Reset? What strategies or optimizations have you employed to mitigate such delays? Are there specific scenarios or conditions that can trigger prolonged reset times?

Your experiences and suggestions would be immensely valuable in helping me address this quirk in my DirectX12 implementation.

Advertisement

How many ID3D12CommandAllocator objects do you use? I use one for every in-flight frame, and rotate them around.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement