Advertisement

Hows the pay in this industry?

Started by September 25, 2002 03:31 PM
11 comments, last by skilzygw 21 years, 11 months ago
Dudes, I''m a job developer, and was a headhunter. Take2games is in midtown on Broadway. Accliam is in glenclove. Belive it or not 1 acclaim plaza in glenclover li. Take 2 games is 575 broadway. I even have their fax # email me @ c_wachter@hotmail.com

And the salaryies for something as small as a clerical worker is about 25k at least that is what take2 posted.
62k$ average does not seem bad, although it is not brilliant...

It does not get you rich, but you are probably not starving either?
I think the main problem is that other programming jobs in IT are payed more? I guess that is the price for doing something you want to do.

I''m just guessing since I''m not from US.

BTW: Somebody here from Seattle area? What is the situation there (job offers, paychecks).
What about average game programmer age? Are you too old for that at 29 (switching from "serious" programmer''s job) from a employeers point of view.
There are no game companies where I''m from, but I always kind of wanted to work in one...

Advertisement
I am in school now. And with all the input ive been getting here lately with all the pro's and the con's. Im kinda leaning toward staying in IT.

I generally hate help desk and dealing with endusers. I do love setting up WANS/LANS using Cisco Hardware. That is so much fun to me. I have decided due to all the cons to stay in the it field. Get my CCIE and i figure with a BS in Comp Science and my CCIE + Security certs example PIX. I should be making a decent living. Already got off my ass and got my ccna and ccnp. Damn troubleshooting exam gave me fits. They changed the exams by the way for anyone interested.

So what do you think of the career move? Someone wrote not to mix business with pleaseure. He was right I could always code as my hobby and that way it wont bore me.

What also swayed me to tuff it in IT right now is a friend I made in college. He is a unix admin. We exchanged ideas, helped
me realise that i truly love IT. Its the tough times now got me down/

[edited by - skilzygw on October 8, 2002 5:41:56 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement