🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Please feed the newbie.

Started by
2 comments, last by CombatWombat 24 years, 1 month ago
Hi, I''ve been working on some basic opengl programs recently, just trying to get the feel for things, but have hit some snags. I cant afford to dish out huge sums of cash for VC so I''m using a free compiler that has worked resonably well up till this point, Bloodshed Dev C++. The problem arrises when trying to use various opengl stuffs. For instance, although I have added #include to my source, the function timeGetTime(); is not recognized. I''m also having trouble with the glFeedbackBuffer(); function for the same reasons. I have -lopengl32, libglu32.a, and libglaux.a added to the project, yet it cant figure out the function. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone recommend another compiler thats pretty basic but has better support for OpenGL? Thanks!!!
Advertisement
Shazbot! Forum didn''t like my greaterthan/lessthans around time.h... heh. That should read... Although I have added #include time.h.

Oops = )
I think Borland now offers its C++ Builder 5 for free.

Eric Laberge
----------------------------------------"Inash neteia haeg joa kavari quilm..." SD4
the guys right. borland offers its command line compiler version 3 i think for free and the windows compiler version 4.5 for free. just goto www.borland.com and folllow the links

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement