19" Monitors

Started by
4 comments, last by Shag 20 years, 4 months ago
Hi I''m looking into getting a GOOD 19" monitor. I had my eyes on an Iiyama Pro 454 - the specs seem fantastic. Every online mag review I can find says it''s pretty good - but every user review says it''s crap and blury at the edges etc. Can anyone recommend a really good 19"? Or perhaps give advice as to what not get? Cheers Mark
Advertisement
Torque.com makes some ok screens.
I''m using a Hansol 920D 19" monitor. It''s pretty good, and was relatively cheap (around 300 Canadian, I think, maybe less). I wanted a 19" that could support 1280x1024 @ 85Hz, with a small dot-pitch. So, it''s not the *best* monitor but it works very well for me.

I recommend paying close attention to the user reviews for general use and the professional reviews for spec analysis, etc. In the end it really makes more sense to listen to what the majority of the people are telling you, because in most cases they''ve used the monitor more than the reviewers.
I''m liking my `PRINCETON`s VF912 and VF723 *shrug*
I have 2 19" monitors, a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 920, and a Samsung SyncMaster 957MB, both seem great to me. They probably both have newer/better models available now though.
Viewsonic has some good ones.

Easy way of programming: Coding, Debugging, Swearing.

Google / Game Tutorials / GameDev.Net / My Project server. Check it out.

Project: N/A / Percent Complete: 0% / Due Date: N/A
Easy way of programming: Coding, Debugging, Swearing.
Google / Game Tutorials / GameDev.Net / My Project server. Check it out.
Project: N/A / Percent Complete: 0% / Due Date: N/A

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement