Advertisement

X11/XLib - Pixmap: Is there a way to access the pixel buffer directly?

Started by July 12, 2004 02:44 PM
12 comments, last by owl 20 years, 2 months ago
Quote: Original post by danne89
This page explains a bit. Maybe useful to you.

Thank you. I'm looking for a way to make a GUI independant of the window manager, so no matter which one you're running you'll be able to run the program.

I've some work done, but I find the drawing/color routines of Xlib to be too very much complicated and slow for what I want to do.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Quote: Original post by owl
I've some work done, but I find the drawing/color routines of Xlib to be too very much complicated and slow for what I want to do.
Cairo might be worth looking at.

It's still under a bit of development and interfaces will change by the time they make an official release, but not by much, me thinks.
Advertisement
Hmm. I don't think the wm should do any different. Did you mean GUI-tool kit independend?
http://www.cis.gsu.edu/~shong/oojokes/
Quote: Original post by danne89
Hmm. I don't think the wm should do any different. Did you mean GUI-tool kit independend?

I want to make it as much library independent as possible. If you are going to run it on X11 it will run in X11 without any 3rd party library (as GTK, Qt, etc).
If you are going to run it on windows, any clean installation of windows will run it. And so.

My goal is to bring a multiplatform game+installer_program with minimum dependencies.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement