directX speed

Started by
3 comments, last by jagguy 19 years, 2 months ago
i was using directX7 and vc++6 with a win95/233CPU old machine and getting 190 frames per second of an animation program. I copied the program to a winXP/2.4gCPU and compiled it with the same vc6++ and I got the same 180 frames per second on average..... i just had a static background and 1 animated sprite. why isnt the better PC providing faster frame rates per second? is it because there are too little things to draw and i would be able to draw more stuff on the faster machine without a drop of frame rates.
Advertisement
Umm, wow.. What kind of video card do you have?

With something that simple (at least it sounds simple) my video card would be somewhere around 3000 fps..

I think there is something going on behind the scenes that you're not accounting for, because obviously it should be a lot faster on your faster machine.
Quote:Original post by MikeyO
Umm, wow.. What kind of video card do you have?

With something that simple (at least it sounds simple) my video card would be somewhere around 3000 fps..

I think there is something going on behind the scenes that you're not accounting for, because obviously it should be a lot faster on your faster machine.

i simply transfered the whole project to the fater machine, i created it using the slower machine and the faster PC came up at the same speed.

i have an onboard SiS 64mg card , the slower PC has 4mg video card
so whats going on?
it cant be my code as there is nothing to tell it to go faster...i am using directX7
What kind of 4mb video card? AGP non-shared memory? It's possible that its still faster :D
Quote:Original post by MikeyO
What kind of 4mb video card? AGP non-shared memory? It's possible that its still faster :D

no its a pci i think...(without checking), defintely not agp

i cant see how the old machine is faster other than it rapidly declines with more in the game loop

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement