Advertisement

module_path with GTK 1.x.

Started by March 08, 2005 04:34 PM
-1 comments, last by Captain Maple 19 years, 6 months ago
So, after installing mplayer (with the gui option enabled), and toying around so that my normal user was in the video group so I could play videos and such without having to be root, I've run into a problem again that I THOUGHT I fixed. It goes as follows: The error started as such:

bash-3.00$ gmplayer
MPlayer 1.0pre6-3.3.4 (C) 2000-2004 MPlayer Team
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon MP/XP/XP-M Barton (Family: 6, Stepping: 0)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE

vo: X11 running at 1152x864 with depth 24 and 32 bpp (":0.0" => local display)

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path: "libindustrial.so",
Now, I got the Industrial theme engine for GTK 2.x and 1.x, got that working for both 2.x and 1.x (or so I thought, it installed properly anyway). Now, I thought "gee, since I have it installed, it musn't warn me now!" However, I was wrong to think such nice things. The warning only went away when I edited /home/cmaple/.gtkrc-1.2-gnome2. However, every time I exit X for some reason, and come back in, the file goes back to normal! (I put the following line in the file [which says Do Not Edit at the top [razz]] module_path "/usr/local/lib/gtk/themes/engines" which made it work - temporarily.) There's also a similar file in my homedir except with a .save extension - I tried editing this - and even though it doesn't reset itself upon re-entering X - it doesn't really help. I'm assuming I edited the right/wrong file to begin with (right in that it fixed it for that session, wrong that it was reset by a program that controls it). If anybody knows where I could slap in module_path "/usr/local/lib/gtk/themes/engines" into a GTK 1.x config file, I would be very greatful - it doesn't prevent me from using any software, but it annoys me to no end. Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement