Advertisement

Traffic Jam

Started by March 12, 2001 12:41 AM
3 comments, last by ragonastick 23 years, 6 months ago
About a month and a bit ago, I was about to make an RTS, after thinking through what I would need to do and all that, I had a couple of ideas which I needed to test out in case they sucked and I didn''t realise, to test these ideas, I made this game: Traffic Jam (55kb) It requires DX7+ and the Visual Basic 6.0 runtimes (yes, this is a VB game) It is a pretty simple puzzle kinda game, quite fun.... and its finished which is what I found important. But now, I''m onto my RTS. Hooray, everything worked After notes: Ok, could everyone test out my alt tab handling? Don''t do it from the main menu (that''s just a borderless maximised window) but do it in game. I think someone said that it could be made to stuff up by alt-tabbing back and forth a lot, though I haven''t been able to replicate it . (And I just noticed that it still says Form1 as the caption for the window.... woops... if I could change that now, I would, but the guy who is hosting it for me isn''t online ... oh well, I think you can still play it . Any questions or stuff that you don''t want to ask here (I don''t know why, but just in case) then: ragonastick@whale-mail.com What do you think?
Trying is the first step towards failure.
i like it. I stopped playing at the rotating cars level, i think it was #4. Took me a second to figure out the cars only could go the direction they''re facing..

nice work, let me know how the rts comes along.

(ive done a couple puzzle games before, and also a multiplayer turn-based strategy game, but not an RTS)

=)

:D

Skelman Software
Advertisement
neat
Its a pretty clever puzzle game, but the artwork needs work.
Thanks a lot for your responses. Yeah, the "artwork" was done by me... I suppose you can see why I''m a programmer not an artist (at work, my placeholder graphics made me the laughing stock of the office )

Someone was telling me that they changed the graphics (I''ve left them open for change) so they drive Ferraris instead
Trying is the first step towards failure.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement