Advertisement

Building existing codebase in Fedora

Started by January 13, 2007 07:53 AM
2 comments, last by Caroline_M 17 years, 8 months ago
Hi, I'm starting a new project that I would like to be windows & linux compatible. My main development is done under Windows with Visual Studio 2005 but I have kept all the build files away from the code files. I store everything under subversion. I run fedora in a virtual PC and that can access the subversion repository to check out the files. The trouble I am having is knowing how to build. First I tried KDevelop but I couldn't even find a way of creating an empty project in that! I have also tried Eclipse and I managed to create an empty project and then add something called a link folder which points at my source directory. So far so good but it wont build - it simply does nothing. Does anyone know of a linux IDE that will simply allow me to create a project, point it at a bunch of existing files, and have it setup the make file automatically using the files found there? Many thanks, Caroline M.
Caroline M
The Non-Recursive Make File
This space for rent.
Advertisement
I use Code::Blocks(pops) on Fedora. I think you can get it directly from Fedora Extras.
I had heard of CodeBlocks but didn't realise it was an IDE. It was perfect - so simple! I was able to do exactly what I wanted, just create an empty project, add my files to it, build it and then check in the project files. It annoys me that these full featured IDE's like KDevelop and Eclipse make the simple tasks so complex.

Caroline M
Caroline M

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement