Holy crap... Portal in 18 minutes

Started by
8 comments, last by nobodynews 16 years, 5 months ago
I just got handed this video. The player plays through Portal in a total of 18 minutes(Excluding the forced wake-up scene). It's amazing how he(or she) skips large parts of certain maps and beats GlaDOS in like 10 to 15 seconds. It's pretty awesome. Toolmaker

Advertisement
That is absolutely crazy and I can only imagine how much time that fella spent perfecting that. Crazy!!
Wo-oh. That was something.

I'm not sure I even understood everything he did. Have to try some of it...

//edit: Okay, the GlaDOS bit was just amazing...

[Edited by - Avatar God on November 12, 2007 10:10:13 PM]
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
That was out of freaking control. I blinked in the middle and missed a couple levels, but the overall impression I got was that this was sweet. I hope to God that they spliced perfect runs of each level together (smooching the door for load screens supports this theory) and had a committee of at least six people comeing up with solutions.
Around 10 minutes it gets insane...
Man, some of those tricks were cool.
....[size="1"]Brent Gunning
This is a continuous play - no video editing.

Portal Spoiler (go and play it already)

From what I saw he used the gunfire from the turret to hit GlaDOS in the end, the code probably allows damage of any kind to hit off an eyeball thing.
Quote:Original post by Umbrae

From what I saw he used the gunfire from the turret to hit GlaDOS in the end, the code probably allows damage of any kind to hit off an eyeball thing.

I wonder if you can get yourself falling to terminal velocity, then shoot yourself at her,... could that work? (I forget what the ceiling was in that room) someone with more time on their hands should try it and post a video.

As for this being a single run with no editing, I'll believe that when I see a live video of it being recorded of the guy doing this. That, or he simply has way, way too much time on his hands.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
Quote:Original post by Talroth
Quote:Original post by Umbrae

I wonder if you can get yourself falling to terminal velocity, then shoot yourself at her,... could that work? (I forget what the ceiling was in that room) someone with more time on their hands should try it and post a video.

The reason why the turret trick works is that if a single point of damage is done on glados, another eye falls off. If you shoot yourself at glados, that isn't classified as doing damage, and even if it was, you'd only get one instance of damage being done, as opposed to the turret which gets multiple hits off, and it's those multiple hits that breaks it.
I'm not sure it's the same person, but here is the Speed Demos Archive Portal topic. The poster groobo links an 18:05 google video of his run about half-way down the linked page.

C++: A Dialog | C++0x Features: Part1 (lambdas, auto, static_assert) , Part 2 (rvalue references) , Part 3 (decltype) | Write Games | Fix Your Timestep!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement