Forming a team 18+

Started by
48 comments, last by dpandza 13 years ago
[color=#1C2837][size=2][color=#000000]Brief description:
you must be 18 to attempt to join on our company
I am working towards establishing a company that will develop,video games, and software.

Target aim:
I would like to gather a team with people that share the same goal as I have: to develop our skills, gain teamwork experience, expand the company and its products, and have a good time doing so. [color=#000000]
[color=#000000]

[color=#1C2837][size=2][color=#000000]Compensation:
There is no pay presently. This would start for everybody as part time work. We would all decide on a fair pay system for when profits were reached.

Technology:
Our goal is to get our games recognized with PCs and expand to our console and/or handheld system(s).

Talent needed:
Anybody interested, list your current skills and the skills you will be developing. Your current tasks would be equivalent to your knowledge, experience, and motivation.

Team structure:
I am the only person involved with this project currently.
What I do right now is develop my current skills with programming

No website sorry atm
Contacts:
You can contact me on skype as dillon.crow //note this is the best way to contact me.
[color=#1C2837][size=2]
[color=#1C2837][size=2][color=#000000]Currently I program in c++ with beginning experience, which I try to improve. I started learning c++ approximately two years ago. [color=#000000]

[color=#000000]I am greatly motivated, determined, and [color=#000000]persistent. I am very passionate about my interests. I am willing to learn new skills including new programming languages that may be required to dive into the technology we require. I have good problem solving skills, and I think I'm easy to get along with.

Advertisement
i meant to say company
All I can guarantee to offer is ideas, opinions, and/or feedback. I have very little art and very little programming experience.

Good luck with your company/team.
Hey man, thanks for the nice post. Could you tell us a little bit about what kind of games you would like to create so we know what we'd be signing up for?
The scale and focus of a, lets say, soduku style puzzle game is a bit different than an MMO you know.

Maybe you can also tell us a bit about yourself and the applicable skillset you posess for running a game development company besides your C++ knowledge?
so are u a writer?
Joop I am interested in mmos but depending on the skill level of the company we will see then

[color="#1C2837"][color="#000000"]Brief description:
you must be 18 to attempt to join on our company
I am working towards establishing a company that will develop,video games, and software.

You aren't even 18 yourself. And is your company registered? You speak of it in the present as if it exists.
[color="#1C2837"][color="#000000"]
Target aim:
I would like to gather a team with people that share the same goal as I have: to develop our skills, gain teamwork experience, expand the company and its products, and have a good time doing so. [/quote]
[color="#1C2837"][color="#000000"] [color="#000000"]A company already has skills developed. If you don't have the skills, you will fail. Hard.
[color="#000000"]

Compensation:
There is no pay presently. This would start for everybody as part time work. We would all decide on a fair pay system for when profits were reached.[/quote]
[color="#1C2837"][color="#000000"]No pay? Part time work? You aren't making much sense. As a leader/"owner," you should have this all figured out. Democracy is too slow and inefficient for a business.

Technology:
Our goal is to get our games recognized with PCs and expand to our console and/or handheld system(s).[/quote]
[color="#1C2837"][color="#000000"]With what money and experience are you going to acquire console licenses?

Talent needed:
Anybody interested, list your current skills and the skills you will be developing. Your current tasks would be equivalent to your knowledge, experience, and motivation.[/quote]
This seems very unorganized. You should consider working under someone else's lead until you are mature and knowledgeable to lead.
Team structure:
I am the only person involved with this project currently.
What I do right now is develop my current skills with programming
[/quote]
[color="#1C2837"][color="#000000"]Who wants to join a "company" or team with the leader being, relatively speaking, a noob.

No website sorry atm[/quote]
[color="#1C2837"][color="#000000"]Unprofessional.
[color="#000000"]I am greatly motivated, determined, and [color="#000000"]persistent. I am very passionate about my interests. I am willing to learn new skills including new programming languages that may be required to dive into the technology we require. I have good problem solving skills, and I think I'm easy to get along with. [/quote]
[color="#1C2837"]No you're not.

[color="#1C2837"]
[color="#000000"]Feedback:ANY [/quote]
[color="#1c2837"]My justification for this post.

that picture is not me im connected through facebook and my facebook picture is of a friend from church

Joop I am interested in mmos but depending on the skill level of the company we will see then

Honestly i do not think it's a very good idea to try to create an MMO game when you are somewhat less experienced; MMO's are probably the hardest pieces of software to develop. Also the market for MMO's is, as far as i can see, completely saturated.
If i were you i'd concentrate on something smaller first, although nearly everything is smaller than an MMO. Create a couple of nice small games to get cashflow going and attract some talent. When you've got some cash and a good team, take on bigger projects.
i agree joop wud u like to join the team

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement