Terminal 0.1 Log 01/ 02 /03

Started by
0 comments, last by roycekimmons 12 years, 7 months ago
Terminal 0.1 Log 03
thinking.jpgSo, if Starfox is an inspiration for Terminal 0.1, why not create my own characters? After all I like to draw too. I'm going to share with you 2 sketch characters for the game (*SPOILER ALERT!*): The concept idea that I have right now it is to keep it simple, a main character and a commander. The player receive quests [quests + complete them = advance the story line] (Yes, I'm planing a story)
rain1.jpg Rain
My main character by now, not sure if it looks like a woman or a man (or a Alien) but Japanese do that a lot!, . It's late and I'm tired. He's supposed to be a cold blooded thinker, maybe that's why he's blue(?) lila1.jpgLila
This one is Lila, she's like the BIG brain of the team, the hacker, etc, you know, all the information? she got it !, her CV says that she helped a lot at Wikileaks.

The reason for the passport photo style of the characters is because it belongs to the dialogue GUI. In the game, it should look something like this:

GUIDialogue.jpg

of course, the blue background should be fill with actual gameplay. The dialogue script is a modified version of this one over here by Royce Kimmons.

Terminal 0.1 Log 02
qTfEs.jpgSome improvements on Terminal 0.1:

Enemy Fire (red one) with a better contrast, particles now leave a trail so it helps to understand the direction of the attacks. The second screenshot shows a "hurt screen", bloody, red to let the player feel visually the damage taken. Among this effect the camera "wobble" when you receive damage, this last script can be found here.
Third screenshot shows a starting point for the player, a special pod where to reappear if the player dies. Le Checkpoint !
Also added a kill cam and some physics to the spaceship when your life reach 0 hp. give it a try to see what's have been accomplished so far ! ControlScreen.jpgControl scheme beta design (I'll probably add a couple commands)

Terminal 0.1 Log 01
RT3Fw.jpg Spaceship Shooter 0.1

a friend of mine and I had been working on this spaceshooter inspired by StarFox (but without rails) or and old pc game called Terminal Velocity, do you remember that one ?

So basically, there are some improvements on the ground texture, adding some layers and bump maps. more progress soon !

Repost from my blog:

MPlabs
Advertisement
[font=Times][size=2][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]Looking cool, 3uhox! Glad that you're getting use out of the dialogue generator![/font][/font]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement