Advertisement

Want to interview developers

Started by June 27, 2012 05:44 PM
-1 comments, last by petra42 12 years, 2 months ago
My name is Staci Tucker and I'm a PhD candidate at the University of Oregon. I also an avid gamer and worked as a programmer for ten years before pursuing academia. For my dissertation I am working on an ethnography of video game developers, exploring culture in video game development shops and strategies for dealing with griefing.

Please email if you'd be interested in being interviewed! I can email the questions, allowing you to answer at your convenience. Or we speak over Skype or Ventrilo. The identity of all interview participants will be protected. Names and identifying information will be omitted from the study. Also, if you know of any game developers who'd be open to participating in my ethnography, please feel free to forward this information!

If you have any questions regarding your rights as a research subject, please contact the Office for Protection of Human Subjects at the University of Oregon, (541) 346-2510. This Office oversees the review of the research to protect your rights and is not involved with this study.

Thank you!
Staci Tucker
[email="stucker@uoregon.edu"]stucker@uoregon.edu[/email]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement