Advertisement

Thoughts on 3 sweep?

Started by April 10, 2014 03:37 AM
5 comments, last by Nathan2222_old 10 years, 5 months ago

I have just come across this, seems to be quite highly rated, what are you thoughts, obviously creating models/animations is a very timely process, could this slash this time right down or will it have obvious limitations?

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200928/The_man_behind_the_impressive_3Sweep_3D_modeling_technique.php

Haven't heard about 3sweep in a while. When they released the paper it was limited to tube-shaped objects, which modelers can easily construct.

Advertisement

Yes, but I really like the demo. If it works as well as the video suggests, I really want one.

It's been around for awhile now, and the only thing i ever see is that same video. Have they made progress, well we ever see it in production? It just seems a bit sad that we haven't seen more from it.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

I posted about 3sweep a while back. I am hoping the tech wasn't bought by some big company (likely to happen, and the cause of many software vanishings).

I don't get my hopes up even it the software is not bought out, because chances are it will go to a subscription thing like Marvelous Designer. I think people would pay for the algorithms more than anything.

They call me the Tutorial Doctor.

It was a grad student project, not a professional thing.

Lots of those make interesting research papers, only a few make to industry directly.

Advertisement
Heard about it while keeping my ideas. I believe it was tutorial doctor that gave me the link to the video then(crush). I haven't seen anything new on it since october, 2013. It's different.

UNREAL ENGINE 4:
Total LOC: ~3M Lines
Total Languages: ~32

--
GREAT QUOTES:
I can do ALL things through Christ - Jesus Christ
--
Logic will get you from A-Z, imagination gets you everywhere - Albert Einstein
--
The problems of the world cannot be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. - John F. Kennedy

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement