I think I borked the site :( sorry...

Started by
4 comments, last by Brain 5 years, 4 months ago

So when I originally tried to post a project the site tried to create a new gallery rather than using the old one. I tried today to upload a gif to the new gallery of about 7mb and each time I tried it gave me a 502 server error, and created four broken images. Each of these went into the new posts, spamming it massively with junk, for that I'm sorry :(

screenshot below.

can someone please delete these junk images?

Thanks!Screenshot_20190104-213651.thumb.jpg.0a26f1c6f6e209a243a2736d6b2105e2.jpg

Advertisement

I think I keep bouncing off the same bug too.  I'm pretty sure the crash last night(i think it was last night) was me doing similarly with .gif files.  If you don't hit the close button right away after hitting submit all images it gets stuck in a loop duplicating the gif file..  Or so I'm guessing..

Here is a sequence of images showing what happens when you try to upload.

1. Upload process 

Screenshot_20190104-214352.thumb.jpg.6768fb473a6bf94578ee157166f85b30.jpg

2. Server error 

Screenshot_20190104-214517.thumb.jpg.afe2a84f31eeeeee4e1eb6e34c0826cf.jpg

1 hour ago, Brain said:

Each of these went into the new posts, spamming it massively with junk, for that I'm sorry

No worries. You're using the system as it's intended, which I'm happy to see. I wish it was working better for you. It's a little strange this is happening though, so I'm checking the backend..

Also, are you saying that when you created a Project you selected an existing Gallery but the system still created a new Gallery?

Admin for GameDev.net.

12 minutes ago, khawk said:

Also, are you saying that when you created a Project you selected an existing Gallery but the system still created a new Gallery?

Yeah that's right, i believe it actually created three with the same name. Eventually i went back in an edited it, and set the gallery correctly to a pre-existing one.

I just tried to paste the url example here but instead i got this:

[[Template gallery/front/global/embedAlbums is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sorry i can't provide more detail than the primary keys of the albums: 2475, 2476, 2477

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement