My Concept, Attracting Companies or Talent

Started by
2 comments, last by totesmagotes 4 years, 9 months ago

I have a Proof of Concept that I am fleshing out. I'm at a point where I am about to throw together a prototype I need some advice on how to pitch my game idea to investors or partners. I come at making games as a writer, a world builder, balancing fun and challenge for my characters and audience. I know a bit about programming and art. But will likely need to find someone to produce my game or more realistically, to attract small developers or individuals at the same level that I am but with complementary talents currently to work with.

What would be the best way to pitch my concept? Would the pitch be different for big companies, small companies, or talented individuals?

Melinda

Advertisement
16 minutes ago, LeafRuns said:

What would be the best way to pitch my concept?

Read this article.

16 minutes ago, LeafRuns said:

Would the pitch be different for big companies, small companies, or talented individuals?

You want to pitch to publishers. Same pitch to any publisher, be it big or small (but your concept must be in the publisher's lane - you can't pitch a kill-em-all shooter game to companies that make puzzle games for mobile) - provided that the publisher is willing to review submissions. But if you're pitching to a potential teammate then you can drop the business terms like ROI and MAU. Investors are unlikely to invest, because a game is not a business. 

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I would write a Game Concept Document, one that explains the game in as simple terms as possible, and has pictures. I would get an artist to help you with making the concept document look good. This document could be used for pitching.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement