Looking for 2D Unity programmer for top down ARPG game

Started by
5 comments, last by ChelAsh 4 years, 3 months ago

Hi all!

I am currently working with a pixel artist on a 2D top down action RPG game on Unity. We've got a lot of the design done, though as always, there are parts that are still ongoing, and we have started to build a prototype.

This is a PAID project.

We're using the More Mountain's Top Down Engine, Pixel Crusher's Dialogue System and Quest Machine, and Opsive's Behaviour Designer. We've done pretty well so far but we have got to a point where we need a programmer who can help us customise parts of the Top Down Engine for us (the Pixel Crusher's stuff and Behavior Designer are all fine).

We're looking for someone who knows Unity and C# very well. It's a bonus if you enjoy the genre and if you've ever heard/used any of the above systems!

We plan on making a prototype and a demo and look to get it up on Kickstarter or via a publisher.

If you're interested or know anyone who might be, please don't hesitate to drop me a line and we can talk more about the project and price. Thanks for reading!

Advertisement

@undefined Hey Saw ur post,, interested in it.. I'm not at expert level on unity though quite advanced to an extent.. Can I know the details Tho,, to see if it's in my current scope.. D:

@undefined Hey Saw ur post,, interested in it.. I'm not at expert level on unity though quite advanced to an extent.. Can I know the details Tho,, to see if it's in my current scope.. D:

Hi ChelAsh,

Thank you so much for your reply. Of course you can have the details!

So, my friend and I are working on a top down isometric 2D action RPG using the More Mountain's Top Down Engine (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/topdown-engine-89636). What I will do is write a list of things that we need for it and see if you feel it is within your scope. If you feel that you can do it, I will send you a brief explaining in detail what we need for each thing, and also a test with the Top Down Engine installed.

So, the things we need are -

A Blocking ability - the ability to block an attack when you press and hold down a button

Surface Modifier - This is needed for things like walking up stairs and moving on other surfaces like ice

Holding down a button to attack - We need to have both a weak attack and a strong attack on the same button

Stunned state - This is a state where the player or an NPC are unable to move

“Materia” system - This is a system where you can attach items to the player that can increase different stats of the player (e.g. health, speed, defence, damage etc)

Stamina system - This kind of already exists in the Top Down Engine but we need it to be extended. It currently only works when the player uses a dash but we need it for other things too.

Jumping from one level to another - Because this is an isometric game, we would like the ability to drop down ledges and fall from one floor to another (again, similar to the Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past or Link’s Awakening)

That's everything! If you're still interested or have any other questions, please don't hesitate to send me a message!

Thank you!

Hey ther, i am unity developer for almost 10 years .

Modeler/animator/programer

This is my portfolio all made solo every aspect of it

https://shayisraeli.journoportfolio.com

Will be glad to hear from you

Discord: shay#2634

Whatsapp: +9720559411590

@undefinedHey MiliPPG sorry for the late reply.. Not so involved in the forum that's why I must have missed it and also your reply was added as an email to the promotion section in my gmail account , I just saw it today then. About the project. You can send me a broader details on those specific tasks you listed. From what I saw, it looks like something I should be able to do. Though I just wanna understand how it would actually progress and stuff.. Thanks..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement