🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Which unity?

Started by
4 comments, last by GWDev 4 years, 1 month ago

Good afternoon, I'm starting to learn unity, the computer is powerful, it seems like it should run any version of the program (My PC: RTX 2070 super, 32gb ddr4, core i7 9700k, 600w ). I downloaded the latest release build, 2019, but every 20 minutes it displays a blue screen and the project is deleted, so I have to make backups. Which version of unity5 is the most stable? maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Advertisement

Hi dsf.

The latest release build runs fairly “stable”.
What is the reason for the blue screen?
Is the system overclocked? Experimental / old graphics driver?

Edit: I'm running 2019.3.11f1 without problems.

@undefined no, drivers are fine, windows update too. Error - whea_uncorrectable_error

I also use 2019.2.xx and it works fine . You can try these versions. I havent heard an error like this before.

That points towards hardware or driver failure.

The microsoft help page for the error states: “If you receive a blue screen error (also known as a stop code), it means that your PC has shut down suddenly to protect itself from data loss. If you see the text “WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR,” it means that a hardware error has occurred. ”

More information can be found in the dumps windows created before/while crashing.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement