KPIs

Started by
0 comments, last by BlueShell 3 years, 11 months ago

Hi,

Great site! I've been lurking for a while but I have a question and here seems like a good place! I'm a long time software project manager, and gamer, who has just been given an opportunity to work at a decent size developer.

Some really exciting projects and talented colleagues but one of the things I'm struggling with is the lack of quantifiable metrics being used by everyone. So, in most software companies I've worked in, there's a clear and measurable target (SMART, OKR or otherwise) to track and judge progress, but (and this is across the board) this company doesn't seem to work like that. Is that typical of games companies or have i joined a bit of an oddity?

So a good example of this is we're increasing the size of our teams dealing with cheating and putting more resources into combating trolls, and I'm managing that program, but no one can tell me how I can measure this as a success!

'How many we've caught' is the unhelpful suggestion I've got which is a completely skewed number as we don't have any historical data and we don't know how any more there were to catch, biasing the numbers.

Does anyone know how other large games companies manage this?

Blue

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement