🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking to form hobbyist RPG team

Started by
5 comments, last by durk 3 years, 11 months ago

I'm mostly a writer, a little bit of a programmer with experience in multiple engines/languages/etc. looking to start an RPG project with some like minded individuals.

HUGE EDIT:

I've begun solo work on an Ultima Underworld-like game in Unity. I had more ambitious ideas initially, but I figured I'd get a basic dungeon crawler working first. I've gotten in contact with one individual already about forming a potential team, but I am open to taking on more members.

This is a hobbyist project. I don't really plan to make any money off of it and I have other things on my plate tbh. I'll be surprised if I get any bites, but it's worth a shot, right?

Looking for

• Artist(s)
  • Programmer(s)
  • Sound…person?(s)
  • I suppose additional writers and designers couldn't hurt
Advertisement

I am in the same situation, I am more a man of ideas than a programmer but I have some experience as a hobby. I'd like to get more experience in game design because I enjoy it but I am open to work in a new project, mostly for motivation because making games alone is really hard. So count me in if you are interested.

Hi,

I´m a hobbyist composer, starting out. I would very much like to contribute in some way. What do you have in mind in reference to the music, the setting and the atmosphere? I could mock up a short demo, if you give me some ideas (maybe some artwork, or a short synopsis/setting description) in which direction you want to go.

Cheers

I'm finishing a project atm but looking for something to Project Manage, as well as Worldbuild for. I can (probably) handle the technical database stuff

finally finished SUPER LORD OF CHEESEBURGERS

I'm more of a programmer/technical designer. I could help with programming the game.

Aiming high is easier than flying high.

Just an update to those interested. Recruitment is going swimmingly and I should get a message out to everybody in this thread soon.

I want to clarify some things. Current team members have been talking and we've just about finalized that this will be a volunteer project with no direct income made from the game. It's a passion project. Just something to consider if you are interested in contributing

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement