Looking for a mentor

Started by
1 comment, last by FighterLuckless 3 years, 10 months ago

I am currently getting my degree in game design at full sail and I would love to find some connections with current game designers. Hopefully even find someone to mentor me and show me the ropes.

Advertisement

You need to find a small studio or team that are already or has launched / released titles in the market usually STEAM, GOG, IOS, or Android that includes Consoles. What we recommend is working on a game yourself, launch it, and market it or build a massive portfolio showing your experiences. Based on what I have seen / watched GDC videos on YouTube is that having something to show is 100% guaranteed getting a job which is not highly successful unless you've got some titles of yours that made a lucky break or decent revenues. Having something to show your worth is something what people at www.Reddit.com/r/GameDev/​ have been recommending people because it advertised “what you can do” for them not based on a college degree.

----

I recommend working on that portfolio and figure out what to show on it to get a job at any Triple-A studios. And also, try to participate on as many smaller studio or team, work on their game, be there during their launch, and hope for that best the market will give your game a huge revenue boost. Sorry that if I'm not helpful because video-game developing is difficult to explain since there are many stepping stones and path that's been laid which to me following one path does not and will not guarantee a successful story kinda of like 50/50 chances and you go on your own route.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement