🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Need a teammate?

Started by
8 comments, last by togaykurtulus 2 years, 10 months ago

Hey guys, I have been failing in making games for the past 2years. I know some Unreal (forgot most coz I left game designing out of frustration, 6months before I last opened Unreal). I have tried to make 3 games till now but have failed because of a lack of pipeline knowledge and motivation to finish. I work at a AAA game studio full-time but want to make my own mini-games.

What was the highest I ever reached in making my own game?

• Worked on a Side-scroller third-person shooter game, couldn't finish it when I imported enemies in the level that's when it became really out of control and big and I gave up after 4months of frustration.

What skills I am offering

• Animation, concept, designing, level design, Average knowledge of UE Blueprint, I am a fast learner, I am good at doing research

Why am I doing this?

• Because I want to know what it takes to finish a project and learn in the way too. I want to feel that feeling that I could chase when I get into the plateau of development.

Am I expecting any pay?

• NO.

Do I have any ideas?

• I have hundreds of ideas that I have been noting down in my notebook or cellphones since I was a kid. We can discuss my ideas too if we are left with no ideas to start with.

I would be glad to hear from you guys. I can give 3hours each day and full weekends

Advertisement

@prashant2 Hello prashant2, my name is Harry. Me and my team are making a game with unity, obviously you said you worked on a different software but if you still would like to join please let me know. Thanks!

None

@prashant2 My team is making a fantasy turn based strategy game in Unity. We need someone with Your skills, especially an Animator. If you are interested and would want more details please tell me.

BattlescapeDago said:

@prashant2 My team is making a fantasy turn based strategy game in Unity. We need someone with Your skills, especially an Animator. If you are interested and would want more details please tell me.

Hey @battlescapedago, I am interested but I am willing to work on something small and that could be finished in a matter of weeks or months. Will be glad to have a chat with you regarding this. Thank you ?

@prashant2 our project is way bigger than what you are talking about :< but maybe you would still be interested if you do not find anything else that would interest you ^ ^ we are far in development so you can at least be sure we will not abandon it and your work will not be wasted ?

@prashant2 u didnt answer ^ ^ even if you say straight up no, pls just tell me ^ ^

@BattlescapeDago Hey I am really sorry for not responding on time, will DM you what went wrong with my response.

@prashant2 Hello! I also work in a large company on an AAA project (Unreal) and do my pet project in the evenings. For 2 years) I realized that I need like-minded people or partners. I have someone to turn to for advice on game design and narrative, but I'm probably looking for a partner. I'm looking for someone who will first understand what I'm doing and help with the development. I have a specific set of technologies, but not necessarily just programming. If I intrigued you, yesterday I made a page on itch: https://syopic.itch.io/jitter​ And here is a build of a year ago: https://www.gamedev.net/projects/1985-jitter-sandbox/

@prashant2 Hello, I am Togay and me and my team work on a side scroller action adventure game. We are 12 people and with a hardworking blueprint developer we can release an alpha until 2022.

If you are looking for a well documentated , well organised and communicative team, please let me know

thank you

discord togaykurtulus#6063

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement