Hobby Game Dev Teamup

Started by
11 comments, last by Raziel Malkavian 3 years, 3 months ago

Hello everybody,

I am looking for someone to team up with and start a hobby-project of developing a game together (1-3 people). Any skill-level welcome.

First up: This is meant to be a Hobby-Project, only to be worked on in our free time. The goal is not to make lots of money or make the world's greatest game ever. The Project should have a fixed scope we define together and be achievable for us. I worked on several projects with friends, but they always ended up losing interest in game development after a few days. The reason I am looking for partners is, that I am a man of teamwork. Working in a team gives me the motivation I would otherwise not have enough of. I don't want to join an existing team or project that is already in the making either.

About me:
My name is Lucas. I live in Germany. I work full time at an Insurance Company in IT for a couple of years now. I am experienced in C# and Java and I know a bit of JavaScript/HTML. I got some experience with Blender (3D modeling). For me, good commutation is key in any team project. I don't want a partner who silently does his duty and reports back once a week. I am looking for someone who, just like me, wants to develop something together. From start to finish. Neither do I want to buy already finished models, textures, code, etc., add them all together, and in the end call it "my game". I want to get my hands dirty.
What I can bring to the Team:

• Organizing and managing our team and the project
  • Keeping everyone synchronized and up to date
  • C# programming
  • General Unity knowledge + experience
  • Making basic hard-surface 3D-Models with Blender

I am looking for:
Just somebody who wants to learn and is passionate about developing a game together. Having an Artist in the team would be awesome, but any skills & interests are welcome. It would be perfect if you could bring in a game idea, but that's not a must. I'm sure we can work something out together ☺️.
What you should bring to the Team:

• Passion for game development!
  • Regular spare time
  • At least mediocre English writing skills
  • Teamwork
  • Accepting a compromise when the team decides to change parts of your game idea (if you bring one)

About the Game:
As I already said, I don't have a fixed plan for the game. I am mostly open to anything, from a small Jump-and-Run style mobile game to a simple FPS. Other than using Unity as the game engine the only constraint is that the game has to be of limited scope. I don't want yet another unfished game ?. Every major decision that needs to be made is discussed with the entire team and everyone has a saying.

Feel free to hit me up on this forum or write to me on Discord: Frost#3630
Sorry for the wall of text and may the force be with you,
Frost ❄️

Advertisement

Hi Lucas,

Im interested in this. Im pretty much a beginner in gamedev and have a similar job background as you have. I have a couple of interesting game design ideas, maybe we can discuss them in direct messages if you want.

Viele Grüße aus Köln,

Can

Hello, Lucas,

I am beginner game designer, experienced graphic designer and 3D artist. I am a team player and interested in finding business acquaintances and experience in game development.

I'll be glad to talk with you via Discord. Thanks

Hey @Rockwell_Rocks, feel free to add me on Discord: Frost#3630 and we have a little chat ?.

Hi!

I've been wanting a team to start on something new too for a while!

I'd very much like to have a chat! I sent you a friend request on Discord.

I'm Aequus on there as well~

None

Hi @Aequus, I accepted your friend request on Discord.

Sent you a friend request in discord.

Hi Lucas,

My name's Anthony, living in Australia. I'm looking to further develop my portfolio and enhance my game dev skills. After reading your post, I'm quite interested in working in a small team to make a low-medium scope game.

I have a bachelor degree of game development (game design), and am currently apart of my first internship for game dev. I'm a technical designer with c# programming and game design experience. Im at home with unity, with about 3 years of experience since the start of my degree, although I've dabbled in UE4, and am more then happy to branch out my skills to other game engines.

I have a passion for project management, and have experience in common game development practices from my degree. I'm comfortable with source control such as GitHub and SourceTree, and I have experience in Trello boards and the common game development workflows of working with it. I'm also experienced in creating game documentation like GDDs, PMPs, schedules/Gantt charts, and quite a few others. I've continued to apply these practices since my degree and have further strengthened my project management since.

I'm looking to have a polished game that looks impressive on my portfolio of projects. So I am looking forward to a team of high/consistent communication amongst the team.

I've requested to be your friend on discord, my username is Anthunny. Msg me on there if you'd like to know anything more or would like to first get to know each other. :))

@Frost_

Looks interesting and seems pretty good goals. I use mainly C# and C++ these days at work, with a lot of web stuff previously, and all that other enterprise stuff that goes with it (servers, project management, support, qa, testing, more testing, etc.). And a little blender stuff personally.

(I sent you a request on Discord, my discord name is Will, looked like you didn't join the GameDev.net discord but will have alias there)

Hello!

My name is Gabriel. I'm from Argentina, almost finished with my career in game design and programming. I'm looking for projects I can contribute, to show in my portfolio for future job searching.

I'm mostly skilled in Unity/C# programming, but I can do/learn new things if need be. My Discord is ZeraMalkav#6600.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement