A 2D Artist looking for a Programmer!

Started by
3 comments, last by Kenzo23 2 years, 4 months ago

Hi all,

I'm an artist that is looking for a programmer (or more). I'm interested in making a very short game, nothing too big to chew, and gaining experience working in a tiny team. I have dabbled in programming for 2D side-scrolling platform games but it's not what I excel in, and would rather have a skilled person do it.

Ideally, I would like to work with someone in Australia, as I am living in Sydney, but open to other options.

Keen to do a 2D side-scrolling platformer, metroidvania, or top-down game that takes less than 10 hours to play through.

Have worked in Unity.

Games I like, and that could be a good influence:

• Hollow Knight
  • Oddworld
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Stardew Valley
  • Zelda
  • Any game with zombies!

Send me a hello at mailto:oppeljd@gmail.com​ and we can go from there!

Here is an example of my latest project.

I was able to do basic platform script in Unity and had the character jumping and running.

None

Advertisement

Hello,

First of all I want to say your art looks really cool and fresh. It would be awesome to work with such art as a game dev.

Now, about me, I am just a novice programmer and learning unity for the past few months. So, I may not be the ideal candidate you are looking for. If you are looking for someone more experienced then stop reading here, else continue.

Game dev has always been my passion, and I recently found courage to switch careers and get into the game dev industry. I love playing games, and now I really love being able to make them, however mediocre they are at the moment. I am sharing my itch.io profile in case you are interested.

https://mzard.itch.io/

There is also an unfinished platformer project. I can share the apk, but I don't know if I can do that here.

I really love to work on a project with you. I am seeing this as an learning and improving opportunity. Any earning is a bonus :D .

Please let me know if you are interested.

JonDavid, I sent you an email. My name is David Harding, please look for my email.

Check out my website and download my demo program.

Think it over,

Best,

Hi, my name is Kenzo and I develope games using unity and unreal engine, I‘m looking for an artist to create my game ideas and I really like your reference games, so I hope we can team up and work on games together

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement