🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

i cant draw....

Started by
2 comments, last by kseh 2 years, 4 months ago

Help. i think i lack drawing skills. is there a way to make someone who used to suck at drawing get better? Been through a lot of pixel art tutorials and it still doesn't click.

Advertisement

Tutorials aren't going to make you better at drawing. Use a pencil or pen or marker, whatever. Look at a table or a chair or a sleeping cat or whatever you want, and try to draw it on paper. Draw whatever you want. Keep doing it until you get batter. Practice, practice, practice.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Practice is going to be the main thing. Understanding what your tools can do for you is a part of it as well. I'd also suggest thinking of drawing as a series of steps that get you close to what you want rather than focusing on the final result. Make sure you can go back a step or two if you want to and try something over. Keep things simple at first and work on more complex stuff as you gain experience. I suppose most of this advice could be applied to trying to get better at anything.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement