Creating a Steam Store page. Your experience and tips?

Started by
2 comments, last by Zurtan 2 years, 3 months ago

When you pay 99 USD to create a place for your steam game, you can release the Store Page of your game, before releasing the game.

It is recommended to create a store page as soon as possible, because it will help you collect more wishlists.

Wishlist are very important in Steam.

However, if you are doing absolutley all the right thing… the organic traffic is expected to gain you 150 WL in the first 2 weeks.

When I tried to release “A Gift of War” store page, I got less than that.

Now I am working on a new game(Steam won't let me cancel a Gift of War and use it for my new game Burial Stone), and I want to get it right so I will gain the organic traffic of 150 WL on the first two weeks.

Here is the article talking about it:

https://howtomarketagame.com/2021/12/12/how-many-wishlists-can-you-expect-when-you-launch-your-games-coming-soon-steam-page/

So to make sure I get at least the “minimum” organic traffic? Maybe you can share your experience and numbers?

Also… if you can share how to make your Steam Store page get more Wishlist successfully?

Advertisement

Marketing is complex and every game is unique.

Far too many hobby developers take a “build it and they will come” approach that lets them die in obscurity.

Major games devote about ⅓ of the budget to marketing, approximately equal to main development costs. That is, if the main development costs (programming, art, animation, audio, QA, etc) cost 10M, the marketing budget should also be around 10M, and the total cost for the game will be about 30M.

Steam provides a platform to post a few videos, images, and a bit of text, but it is not a marketing effort.

I am talking about only the store page before the game release, btw.

You can have a store page as long as you want before you even release the game.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement