Successful crowdfunding techniques?

Started by
3 comments, last by alice wolfraider 8 months, 3 weeks ago

What are some successful techniques that AAA studios or indie developers use to crowdfund their games? Anything from how to get investors to buy into your project or methods to get consumers interested enough to buy in early. For example, I have heard of Kickstarter being used for indie projects, but I'm not sure if that is still effective. I'm assuming that I would at least need a prototype of my game idea to prove to investors the concept will work. Any thoughts or ideas surrounding the topic are appreciated.

None

Advertisement

This is a Business question, so this thread is moved to the Games Business and Law forum. @devbot , I recommend you read other recent posts and questions about crowdfunding in https://www.gamedev.net/forums/forum/23-games-business-and-law/

DevBot said:
What are some successful techniques that AAA studios or indie developers use to crowdfund their games?

I don't believe AAA studios use crowdfunding. But if they do, the fact that they already have AAA standing would certainly be a big factor in any success they might have in crowdfunding.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

for sure, AAA studios do not use any crowdfunding - they use direct sales methods from platforms for downloading games, in support, like everyone else, they use marketing

Alice Corp Ltd

people do not understand that a studio or company is an object and in some way does not belong to anyone - or rather, the company belongs to a person or group of persons, and the game - as a software product, belongs to the company, and not to a private person, and when selling a company, everything that belongs to the company also resold together with the company including the game or many games owned by the company

and more often the name "studio" means a more private professional variation of soft development

Alice Corp Ltd

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement