ShikakuOfThe.Day - I made a daily shikaku puzzle game

Started by
10 comments, last by simpelito 8 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi!

I made a daily puzzle game. It is shikaku puzzles with four difficulties (easy, medium, hard and expert). Every day there is new puzzles to solve. It is mainly made for desktop but is playable on mobile. Check it out and let me know what you think!

ShikakuOfThe.Day

Link to game: https://shikakuofthe.day/

None

Advertisement

@fleabay Thank you! Yes there is an option to blink, maybe it should be turned on by default.

Right now it is a daily game, so the puzzles are the same for everyone. Every day new puzzles are available. I am not creating them by hand, I have created a script that creates the puzzles every day.

There is a share button so you can post your results and compare with each other, that's why the puzzles are the same for everyone.

None

Game was a lot of fun. I beat all for difficulties for today. I agree the flashing should be on by dfault . But I also think there is a better way to indicte it. Maybe stripped red and white coloring. Or a more aggressive flashing. Like a quick flash off and on, then a pause. The only thing I found annoying was trying to count out long tiles like 14 or 21 long. I'm on mobile and my usage was tap one corner then tap the other.

@patheros Thank you for the feedback! I will try to improve the flashing and make it better. On mobile there is a setting to show a background grid to help with counting. On desktop you instead drag and drop, and when dragging it shows how many rows/columns are selected.

None

I used the grid today. It definitely helped. I would turn that on by default.

I don't know how to solve this one. :)

[edit] Ok. I solved it. :)

None

Low IQ me, can't appreciate it. :)

None

I've played 4 or 5 days worth of puzzles now. I feel like there are some patterns created by the puzzle generator. I think there is room to create more challenging puzzles by allowing more “jagged” boundaries even on larger run.

In this one for example. It feels like there are a lot of vertical runes of one wide. And it starts to get easy to guess. I generally like that, but I think it makes it feel easy or repetitive.

Anyways. That's just my two cents. I love algorithms, so if you're willing to share how the puzzles are generated, I'd be supper currious 🙂

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement