A Unique Browser-Based Exploration Crew-Building RPG

Started by
0 comments, last by TelFiRE 8 months, 1 week ago

Hello all! We are working passionately on a non-traditional, unique, browser-based, point-and-click exploration RPG. This game has been a dream of mine for over 20 years, and was originally inspired by Neopets. In it, you acquire a crew which you train and equip as you explore a mutated 2d world that is at times serene, at times outright hostile, and always somewhat disquieting.

The game is an evolving fantasy/sci-fi universe, filled with lore-driven quests, captivating characters, and interconnected mini-games. The vision is an enticing player-driven economy within a world that is brought to life with subtly animated, striking 2D environments.

It's impossible to encapsulate how excited I am to finally be in full swing of development. Currently while we have all our major bases covered, we’re on the lookout for team members to bolster our team, particularly:

• illustrators
  • developers
  • promotion/community management
  • systems balance/economy management

Our art is a simple 2d cartoon style with low shading and detail. We need plenty of environment and character art which needs to be layered for animation. We also have a lot of stationary object/item art, and some map art in the pipeline.

On the development side, it's not a traditional engine-based game. The character will point and click to travel to different pages, and the core game will be developed with traditional web technologies, primarily TypeScript. We are using SvelteKit to develop most of the front end, and will look to game-focused libraries such as Phaser for minigames. For the database we're using PostgreSQL on Supabase with Drizzle ORM.

This is a collaboration & revenue share project. Regrettably, there is no budget for any significant upfront payments. With that said, I absolutely plan to see everyone’s efforts rewarded, and have considered a pathway to see some of that profit sooner rather than later.

Looking forward to hearing from you! DM me for a look at a 2.5 minute video introducing the project. If you like what you see, I'll share the walkthrough video of our gameplay prototype, and answer any questions you may have.

If you’re intrigued, I would ideally like to hear from you on Discord which is where we do all our team communication. I am telfire over there, but I will also keep an eye out here especially since I know sometimes Discord doesn't let people add/DM me even though it's supposed to be open.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement