Advertisement

MUDS

Started by March 11, 2002 10:23 PM
4 comments, last by Vegadam 22 years, 6 months ago
Ok, I know I am going to get flamed for asking this, but please try and trust me, I DID search for this on google before I asked. I was wondering if anybody knew some helpfull READMEs for setting up, programming(In C++) and all other sorts of things. I dont care if they are for windows or Linux. I just need to know how to set it up and run it so people can connect. I know this probly deals with servers, but I dont have alot of expierience in those, but Im reading . I was hopeing oyu guys would have some helpfull material. Thanks!
Check out www.mudconnector.com

there''s a link on the righthand side to the "resource centre"

ShadeStorm, the Day_Glo Fish
ShadeStorm, the Day_Glo Fish
Advertisement
Try visiting Sourceforge

Alot of muds are open source, and much of the source is well documented du to the fact that muds generally are developed by more then one coder. Also visit Stickmud, the coolest MUD ever.. But beware of Nevil (That's me)..

Carmack didn't invent online deathmatches, he only made them visible for the feeble minded!

Wannabe

#ifdef CODER
#undef SOCIAL_LIFE
#undef FAMILY
#endif //CODER

Edited by - Rickmeister on March 12, 2002 3:24:11 AM
what state is Finland in again? heh...

The Light shine on you
The Light shine on you
quote: Also visit Stickmud, the coolest MUD ever.. But beware of Nevil (That''s me)..

For insperation, join The Two Towers mud! (towers.angband.com)
I promise its cooler. Its an old, still popular and very developed mud, and its based on Tolkiens books wich is a great plus of course.
Say "hi" to Therigorn of the Baruk-khazad-dum aswell. (me)
Thank you all for replying, but I have already visited these sites, and everytime I try and download somthing, it gives me an ASS load of things, when really all I want to do is see one part of the source code. I cant figure out how they have all the text selection, all the commands. Is it just one big case of If statments, or an array, I just cant figure out how they put it all together? Can someone help me with that question?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement