Welcome to the new GameDev.net!

Started by
156 comments, last by khawk 4 years, 4 months ago

undefinedundefined undefinedundefined

Name tags don't seem to be styled to Dark -- they are incredibly hard to see. (Unsure if there are 2 setups for your own name vs other people, so I included myself!)

Report window/textfield/modal should be a lot larger.

Pressing DEL on a blank line doesn't erase the line. (Press ENTER twice, go to the middle line and press DEL).

Sometimes need to press BACKSPACE twice to clear an empty line. Assuming both of these are related to markdown paragraph, or potentially LR/CR stuff. I'm on Windows/Chrome.

Forums --> Categories: Lists things which is probably safe to remove/archive at this point. Workshops from 13 years ago and such.

Editing a post which has name tags breaks the name tags. They just say "undefinedundefined" instead of the name. Leaving the top ones broken and inserting new ones here instead. @khawk @Lactose

Hello to all my stalkers.

Advertisement

The "Popular" sidebar shown on gamedev.net/forums doesn't display the & (ampersand) character correctly. It displays it as &

Interestingly, the "Popular" sidebar in this thread shows it correctly.

Ok, reporting a few more glitches, looks like this has become the thread for that.

• When editing, i don't see cancel or save buttons. Since nobody has complained, this may be a rare or even personal problem ... (Linux, Firefox 68.2)
  • I can't deactivate messages/newsletter in my profile. After saving settings, they are on anew ...
  • Would it be a big deal not to show the location publicly in the profile profile ? Not everybody needs to now that i am that privileged to live here ;-)

Apart from that, i'm already getting used to it.

Trying to quote a specific part of someone's reply doesn't seem to work.

Deleting a quote then hitting CTRL+Z to undo creates a quote block with just the word "true" inside it.

I do have save & cancel buttons when editing on Windows/Chrome, just as a data point.

[PICTURES NOT SHOWING FOR SOME REASON... I attached some in this post as references]

Sadly I just typed a whole bunch of stuff but the comment editor continues to glitch out by deleting things at random and removing my links, pictures, and jumbling the format. I’ve typed this in Word for now and will just copy and paste when I’m done.

I noticed when I’m viewing my dashboard some of my Blog names have changed to “None”, and if I click any entry from there I cannot view or manage those entries.

If I manually view the blogs from the Blog section by going to Profile or Blogs I can view and edit them just fine.

I also noticed if I change my layout to Dark it doesn’t change, but will display on some tabs like Blog, News and Projects through the Dashboard, but not through the site.

I'm also not able to access or manage the Tutorials tab in my Dashboard.

Programmer and 3D Artist

I'm having a lot of trouble putting non-ASCII text into my signature; it pastes in fine, it says it saved, and when I reload I get just ? marks (and not even UNICODE "missing glyph" markers; actual ASCII question marks) in their place. The newline in the middle also seems to sometimes get stripped out, sometimes not.

(( This email has been quad-ROT13 encrypted. Reading it violates the DMCA. ))
(( 我说很少的汉语,还我的语法平庸, but at least I'm UNICODE-compliant. ))

The new WYSIWYG editor here in the forum has very bad undo and very unreliable consistency; using Undo just reverses text insert/deletes, it doesn't undo formatting changes, which is really stressful when just moving the cursor sometimes causes the paragraph you're on to suddenly change its paragraph style (such as the Quote paragraph above).

RIP GameDev.net: launched 2 unusably-broken forum engines in as many years, and now has ceased operating as a forum at all, happy to remain naught but an advertising platform with an attached social media presense, headed by a staff who by their own admission have no idea what their userbase wants or expects.Here's to the good times; shame they exist in the past.

From gamedev.net/forums:

No way to see if post has unread posts. Also doesn't say who latest reply was from, so impossible to know if someone responded after you if you don't remember post date/reply count.

No way I found to jump to latest unread in a thread.

Changes the last 2-3 hours:

• Fixed password reset (it didn't work)
  • Fixed blog names - there was a conversion problem for some blogs (not all), so it defaults to your username instead of None. I haven't confirmed changing the name works, but that would be the next step.
  • Youtube/video embeds no longer cover the text below them
  • Google login/authentication works - however, if you used Google auth before, you may need to contact me for support (and reset your password) support@gamedev.net
  • Random inability to post or like not working might be fixed for the same reason affecting password reset and others
  • Fixed profile saving crash (making things not save)
  • Fixed account settings saving crash (making things not save)
  • Fixed crash from viewing some tags
  • Fixed hidden topics from showing
  • Fixed moderator tools in the forums
  • Fixed https with images
  • Fixed GDNet+ subscribing and cancelling
  • Fixed bug in likes and rate limited them
  • Fixed crash in Portfolios

The editor will take time to make great. It's young and naive but was chosen to make it easier than standard WYSIWYG, but if it continues to be a problem we can always go back to CKEditor (I personally would rather not) or some other option. In my research and experimentation there is no perfect editor that satisfies the needs of this community without a lot of custom work, so work will continue on this one for now.

Sounds like there may be an issue with image upload in the editor, and that's pretty critical. Going to look at that next.

Few responses for comments above:

• Signatures are unformatted ASCII only and probably why the Unicode characters aren't working. This was done to prevent something like this in signatures:

HEY EVERYONE CHECK OUT MY PROJECT!

• Unread posts were purposely slipped past launch date (there's about 70 items in the backlog that did not make launch, that's one of them)
  • Selecting text to quote missed launch as well. It's on the list. I tried to cram it in right before launch, but ran out of time.
  • Privacy settings are coming - for hiding profile as well as parts of the profile
  • I haven't seen some of these editor quirks listed above, but I'll see what I can replicate. There are some things that can get it in a bad state, so that might be what's happening and the bug is the getting into bad state to begin with.
  • The scrollwindow jumps when you click on toolbar things and do link embeds in the editor. Drives me nuts and can't wait to fix it.
  • Did you notice on longer posts (or blogs, tutorials, etc.) that the toolbar stays fixed? I hated that about the old one. Although you really don't need the toolbar for many things with this editor.

Back to it.. (looks like this post is formatted exactly how I intended!)

Admin for GameDev.net.

I tried to return to "Light" theme 3-4 times. I got "404 Bad Request". But now it works.

Trying an image drag/drop:

Vulkan logo above, centered with centered text. Also resized to 320px wide.

Trying an image by toolbar with my Oculus Avatar resized to 100px wide and right aligned:

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement