Welcome to the new GameDev.net!

Started by
156 comments, last by khawk 4 years, 4 months ago

Found a bug for the Light and Dark layouts. When you select one or the other it gives an error:

400 Bad Request

Honey Pot Error (content_field). Request aborted.

But if you hit back, then go in again to save it will work, but then it's selective by showing Dark on some areas, not others. When I went back to Light, same error and I had to go back again to apply it. Now on Forums it goes to the Dark layout, but on posts it shows Light. Other areas it also has Dark stuck, like Profile, and News, but Tutorials doesn't.

Programmer and 3D Artist

Advertisement

I couldn't edit my post, it jumps to the top of the page. I wasn't able to load images by clicking the img icon.

Above I tried drag and drop, maybe it works?

Programmer and 3D Artist

Just pushed another update to disable honeypot. Lowers the defenses, but seems the defense is a little too strong right now. :) Hopefully that makes things a bit better.

I think the image upload through the toolbar might be broken. I was able to replicate the same behavior.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Awesome! Everything else is looking great. I really like the new design and flow of the site. Much better than before!

Programmer and 3D Artist

Awesome! I really like the new design and flow for the site. :) I did have one other question. I noticed the Beginners section is no longer linked on the Forums, but through Discover -> Groups -> For Beginners. Is this intentional? I feel you're going to get more posts in other sections for beginner questions if it's not clear on where to post.

Programmer and 3D Artist

Can I switch back to old site layout ?

This "everything is for tablet" trend is appalling.

@khawk Not sure if it's just my device, but I tried to view this page on my Android phone through Chrome, and when I click the View More button it jumps back to the top of the page but doesn't expand.

Programmer and 3D Artist

Profile changes aren't being saved at all, now. Trying to remove the second line from my signature until such time as arbitrary plain text is allowed (I'm not asking for HTML or even Markdown; some people might have rèal ñon-ÄSCII text they want to put in their signature), but it won't take.

I change some of the profile fields under Settings > Profile, hit Save, the network request says {"message": "OK"}... but no change, and reloading shows the same old state.

RIP GameDev.net: launched 2 unusably-broken forum engines in as many years, and now has ceased operating as a forum at all, happy to remain naught but an advertising platform with an attached social media presense, headed by a staff who by their own admission have no idea what their userbase wants or expects.Here's to the good times; shame they exist in the past.

Nope, nevermind; new signature is showing up in new posts, but doesn't show up in old posts, nor does it show up on the Edit Profile page.

RIP GameDev.net: launched 2 unusably-broken forum engines in as many years, and now has ceased operating as a forum at all, happy to remain naught but an advertising platform with an attached social media presense, headed by a staff who by their own admission have no idea what their userbase wants or expects.Here's to the good times; shame they exist in the past.

I accidentally double posted on the GD Suggestions forum, I had an "Game Over" error screen. Can't edit neither post, as I get an error page as well when I try to view the entries.

My blog entry links are broken (links pointing to other blog entries), they have a part in the URL that seems unknown.

I still wish for a BBCode editor plus normal line break behaviour.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement