Welcome to the new GameDev.net!

Started by
156 comments, last by khawk 4 years, 4 months ago

Edit: Edit seems not to enter any edit mode, but jumps to the top of the page?

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Advertisement

Are the "Groups" still considered? For Beginners doesn't seem to have a forum anymore at all. I felt the groups always a small afterthought. They were supposed to be used for everything, but now there's two categories (Beginners, Challenges) basically hidden there.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

And to add on :)

Are the GD challenge rewards coming back? ;)

Oh, and could you save the chosen Forum tab? I always want to go to "Categories", not "Latest".

Btw, that "View more" get's more and more aggravating. At least show the last few xx entries, not the first few. Akin automatically jump to the last posts; which should be the default when clicking on a thread IMHO.

Sorry for all the negative words, you're doing a great job there. Just us old timers complaining about those youngsters tabletting on our lawn.

Something I miss in the new forum, is the ability to go to the next unread post in a forum (category now) from the bottom of a thread.

I don't even see a way to see if I've already read a forum thread or not (though I haven't looked very hard yet either).

I almost didn't recognize this new design...real fresh and real good lookin'. Nice. I like it. Now I just need to get used to it and know where everything is!

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

How do I edit a post? There is a button to edit, but no button to save the edit. I'm using Firefox on Windows 10.

Does work on mobile but apparently only if you don't load more replies. I.e. I can edit my post #3 in another topic but not the previous one in this topic.

Hehe, not being able to edit my posts actually makes me more careful when writing. If others are the same, we could it excuse it as an educational feature ... :-)

when adding a new project in the portfolio, i can't seem to find where to set the project icon (it was a dedicated upload in the old layout). i thought that maybe it'll take the first media file, but doesn't seem to be the case either.

also, it seems it's no longer possible to set the game type (e.g. puzzle, action, etc). it shows briefly during loading the project page, then it disappears.

any suggestions, please? :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement