Bestl 2D game engine for starters? (that isn't Unity or Godot) [clearer question than my last post]

Started by
12 comments, last by ReignOnU 1 month ago

Catomax26 said:

@shortround From what i have experienced, XNA-based games are very hard to mod, as you have to decompile it all to even start. It also seems to require 3rd-party programs to decompile/mod it together.

Does it really work for platformers? >w<

You would have to decompile any C or C++ or java based engine in order to hack it. If you want your users to be able to mod a game, you can always provide a modding API to them. If you want them to be able to re-write core parts of the engine, you can just release the source code on github

None

Advertisement

@shortround If it means making a <<game engine>> by scratch, then that means a solid no. It says it's meant for programming veterans, so please no. As crazy as it may seem, i feel some sort of repulsion with learning programming, because they only teach you the system work and engineering part of it, not the passionate and project-based part of it. Nowadays, it's so HARD to find veterans who like programming because it lets you do more than income and working, less actual game devs who LIKE learning full programming at least.

<void> -Cato or some other dude idk

@Catomax26 game maker

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement