Original Post
Hello everyone,
I am interested in getting more speed out of java and well, I want to write a small but fast (enough) polygon engine, just something that can draw polygons, filling them in with a solid colour, no lightsourcing yet, just the polygons will do. But I have a question, how the hell to get more speed out of java. It''s terribly slow at even drawing a few pixels onto a 640x480 frame, let alone a full on fillpoly() routine. So, does anyone have any suggestions ?
I am using MemorySourceImage as well, just in case someone suggests that, I am already using it, but apart from that, I am not sure about how I can get more speed.
I have hash tabled the cos and sin values for use when rotating, this is done once for each object (done this way cause at the moment, I only have one object so....)
anyone have any bright ideas
kosh