Original Post
Wow! Im glad i found NeHe''s site and forum.
Lots of helpful stuff appears here.
Recently, I started a small GL app (using GLUT, not the windows API), and was frustrated to find that despite following (to my knowledge) the red book and other working examples, I cannot seem to get a large grey slab to be lit properly (I''m aiming for a "table" look).
When I sent it to my friend, he said it worked fine, though ... and the odd thing is that we have the same video card. I''ve tried using two different drivers for my voodoo3 (the ones from teh 3dfx site, and then also the older ones from GLSetup), and the block still appears to be solid shaded, in that I cannot see any edges that are internal to the silhouette.
Can anyone suggest what I might do to remedy this situation, or more accurately diagnose the problem?
Thanks in advance
o.O (Confused programmer
)