Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Wolf

Started by dog135 Apr 5, 2000 at 7:11 PM 30 replies 4.9k views
Original Post
dog135
dog135
This forums going a little dead. Why don''t some of you artists post some art? I''ll go first. Here''s a drawing I did of a wolf. I always think of wolfs as powerfull creatures so this one has magical powers. And here she is in sheep''s clothing. I''ll color it later. Tell me what you think. And please be honest. E:cb woof!
E:cb woof!
BerLan
BerLan
Nice pics, dog135.

Ok, here's two pictures of the game we're developing.
The main character is that little red fox.




We're trying to get the animation for the characters appearing in the game as smooth as possible. The running-animation for the little red fox consists of 14 frames right now, but will probably be increased to 20 or so in the near future. Loads of drawing to do, so little time.


This Game Art section has bee quite useful for us all, keep it alive!


- BerLan -

Edited by - BerLan on 4/6/00 4:20:21 AM
--BerLan
dog135
dog135
I like your characters. Cute.

Here''s my wolf checking her mail:
(sorry, I like the "render cloud" option in photoshop)





E:cb woof!
E:cb woof!
Kromm
Kromm
How can I post a image here?
BerLan
BerLan
Use html to post the images.

(just change the places of > and < in the following)

>img src="www.somesite.net/pic.jpg"<
--BerLan
Jewelaye
Jewelaye
Hi no offence...but ive had a look here...and i just want so say that the main look to close to the mains in sonic!...*tails*....mmmmm...you could have problams with the looks alike in the future if theres some money in the game!....anyway its a very cute *wolf*....
Just my oppinion.... =)
If some one want to se something ive drawed contact me at icq ; 58746092....and ill send you some pics..=)....
(havent put them up at my homepage yet...put allready have some there...check it out at;

hem.passagen.se/jewelaye






quote:
Original post by BerLan

Nice pics, dog135.

Ok, here''s two pictures of the game we''re developing.
The main character is that little red fox.




We''re trying to get the animation for the characters appearing in the game as smooth as possible. The running-animation for the little red fox consists of 14 frames right now, but will probably be increased to 20 or so in the near future. Loads of drawing to do, so little time.


This Game Art section has bee quite useful for us all, keep it alive!


- BerLan -

Edited by - BerLan on 4/6/00 4:20:21 AM




JEWELAYE
Jewelaye</FONT
Arch@on
Arch@on
Cool, you are really good artists, I feel great respect to you, I''m little bit...umm in need of more practise


Actually, because I''m so poor artist I had to use(Really, believe me) that Image in my beat em'' up game so don''t laugh at me!

I don''t want to spam or anything, I meant this as joke for all who can''t understand it.


Arch@on
Arch@on
Dooh picture isn''t showing





Uh, well it''s here
http://www.geocities.com/opv99/wasted.gif
BerLan
BerLan
The game will be free.

And yes, i took some graphical influences from the game Sonic The Hedgehog (the only MegaDrive game i''ve ever played, liked it very much tho when i was drawing the head for the fox. The only similarities between Sonic and Our Game are the head of the fox and the fact that they''re both platform games. Other than that, the action on screen will be quite different (no scrolling levels, no lightning fast running, etc).

- BerLan -
--BerLan
Kromm
Kromm
So here comes my image


It did this 2 years ago in 3dsmax4




Edited by - kromm on 4/11/00 12:17:39 PM
dog135
dog135
Oooo, I love 3D art. Was that ray traced? I like how the textures come out. Who knows, maybe someday, all our 3D games will be of that quality!

E:cb woof!
E:cb woof!
Jewelaye
Jewelaye
Hi there ...im a *slacker* at the html....but ill give you the adress to a part of my page ...check this out...

Jewelaye- pics










Edited by - Jewelaye on 4/12/00 5:58:08 AM
Jewelaye</FONT
Jewelaye
Jewelaye
Hi...my pics is hand- drawed/made ...but i ve fixed and coloured them in PSP!...and i havent i "write table" =(..but ill buy one when i can afford it...


Jewelaye- pics

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster

do u guys use tablets and those pens that are mouse to draw those images that are made in ps and psp?




JEWELAYE
Jewelaye</FONT
AtypicalAlex
AtypicalAlex
Here''s some character renderings from my upcoming game, Enigma:


Done in Poser4! Amazing, huh? The secret''s in the textures...

Alex
Atypical Interactive
www.atypical-interactive.com
------------------------------Changing the future of adventure gaming...Atypical Interactive
dog135
dog135
Wow, nice.

I just got a wacom tablet this weekend. Been playing with it for 2 days strait! Before that, I've always just drawn on paper with a ballpoint pen, scanned it in with my $60 scanner, cleaned it up in photoshop with my mouse.

I finally scanned in some drawings of my main character for my game.

Here she is with wings. I hope I can fit this into the game somehow:


And here she is as a rabbit:



E:cb woof!

Edited by - dog135 on 4/17/00 4:07:36 PM
E:cb woof!
dog135
dog135
Actually, I used the paint brush on my drawing.

In photoshop, I have layers for everything. For a simple drawing, from top to bottom, they are: Outline, Highlight, shadow, color. The highlight layer is set to "lighten" and the shadow layer is set to "darken". To do the shading you want, when drawing on that layer, just use a paint brush that had a sharp edge.



E:cb woof!
E:cb woof!
AtypicalAlex
AtypicalAlex
Hey, dog135 ... how do you like the drawing tablet??

I myself mainly do 3D art, but a friend of mine has been trying to find out if it''s a good investment. Do you find it useful?

Alex
Atypical Interactive
www.atypical-interactive.com
------------------------------Changing the future of adventure gaming...Atypical Interactive
WitchLord
WitchLord
I can tell you that the Wacom tablet is indeed a very good investment. I drew the dragon below entirely in Photoshop with my Wacom tablet.

Posing Dragon

Click on the image to see the large version



WitchLord

Edited by - WitchLord on 4/18/00 6:35:36 PM
AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - <a href="http://www.angelcode.com/tower" rel
lpsoftware
lpsoftware
Wow, Witchlord, that dragon is awesome! Wanna do some art for my game?

Martin
______________Martin EstevaolpSoftware

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.