Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

variables vs. html

Started by neurokaotix Dec 16, 2002 at 8:52 PM 126 replies 54.7k views
Sheep
Sheep
This joke has got to have THE worst timing.
Pouya
Pouya
LOL.
That''s really good

Go with HTML, it can do better than variables. I made a quake 2 clone in HTML and didn''t need to use a single variable.
Programmer One
Programmer One
No way, variables are the most best things to use man.

Remember, always use the RED Variables, those stupid GREEN ones will cause your programs to crash...
Sheep
Sheep
Generally, its a bad idea to act stupid when people can see your profile.
owl
owl
1. If you are joking, this isn''t funny and you''re an ashole.

2. If you aren''t joking, your asking is wrong, you don''t have a clue about what are you talking about.

Go to the beginners section. <---- click here.

If you don''t like to be flamed don''t ask technical questions in the Lounge forum.

If you are a beginner: Good Luck.

If you aren''t: Fu(k you
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
MH
MH
quote:
Original post by vtwin
You have got to be kidding me..



LOL!! I was actually going to say the *exact same* thing (first reply too, but I still wasn't sure if I should, I just couldn't tell if this was a joke post or not).

[edited by - MH on December 16, 2002 10:46:21 PM]
Raymondo
Raymondo




If you are not kidding, you''re a fucktard.

And if you are, Fuck you.

(If you check his prof, half his posts are like this :/ )





Densun
Densun
With HTML you can only make text games. As far as I know, there is no programming language called Variables. What you''re probably looking for is C or C++.
MH
MH
quote:
Original post by neurokaotix
Stop making fun of me


Ok, the truth is, if you don't understand what variables are, and don't know programming, you're not even ready to start a game company. Don't get too far ahead of yourself.
Pick a language, pick up some programming books (on Java, C++, whatever), get a good compiler and start learning.
There's tons of good tutorials out there too (try google), or winprog.org, etc.
Start small, and don't try to take in too much at once.
That's all I can suggest.
And good luck.


[edited by - MH on December 16, 2002 10:52:38 PM]
Raymondo
Raymondo
Why are you giving him advice??

Even if he *did* learn C++, can you really conceive him making anything that remotely resembles a game???
















I didn''t think so...
MH
MH
Just trying to steer him in the right direction, that''s all, anything else is up to him.
Cold_Steel
Cold_Steel
This thread is the suck. Not to be confused with the thread sucking. That''s different. It is the suck. Big difference.

Oh, and for my own personal preference, I would go with Variables++, though Variables# is looking promising (Please, no debates about the superiority of Variables++ over Variables#, we all know the differences. We can RTFM ourselves)
______"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
MH
MH
quote:
Original post by Programmer One
I think he knows how to program, suggesting from the posts he has made in the forums.

He is just being a troll.



I guess bad attention is better than no attention. *shrug*
*goes back to cave*

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.