Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Anti-aliasing with GeForce Line

Started by easlern Jan 1, 2003 at 10:56 PM 1 replies 650+ views
Original Post
easlern
easlern
I have tried anti-aliasing with the jittering method using the accumulation buffer as demonstrated in the Red Book. However, my GeForce-2 MX apparently has no hardware support for the AB, so my performance drops from around 60 fps to 1. I know nVidia has some method for "full-screen anti-aliasing," (as described on my card''s box) so I''m trying to figure this out. Is it an extension? If so, where is it documented? How do the major game designers do anti-aliasing, if the accumulation buffer is not even implemented in hardware on some cards? Thanks much for any help.
zedzeek
zedzeek
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/registry/ARB/multisample.txt

http://uk.geocities.com/sloppyturds/kea/kea.html
http://uk.geocities.com/sloppyturds/gotterdammerung.html
easlern
easlern
Thank you so much. This should help out a lot.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.