tutorial 19 won't display color red

Started by
2 comments, last by mbonges 21 years ago
I am trying to create my first partical system using tutorial 19 as a guide. I am able to adjust how green and blue the particals are, but nothing I do seems to allow me to make the colors red. I am trying to create an explosion and so this is a major problem. Does anyone have any ideas? (trust me increasing the red value in glColor4f does not make the colors any more red. I have looked at most of the gl initlization functions and I thought the line: glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA,GL_ONE); was most likely the problem but when i change it to: glBlendFunc(GL_ONE,GL_ONE); it doesn't seem to fix the problem. If any one has any ideas it would be a huge help for me. I would like to also add that if I change the green or blue value to 1.0 in the glClearColor function, I get a green or blue backround like you would expect. But if I change the red value to 1, I still get a black backround. thanks mark [edited by - mbonges on April 13, 2003 10:57:43 PM]
Advertisement
Please, don''t crosspost.
I have this same problem. I can''t seem to get the rainbow effect... all i can get is a single color. There may be some problems with other initiations you have made. I had my terrain code offsetting the blending functions every frame. Make sure that isn''t happening. But yea, i have the same problem. Someone please answer this despite the original posters lack of intelligence when cross-posting.
in the init():

glShadeModel (GL_SMOOTH);

in your renderfunction

glcolor3f(1,0,0);
glvertex;
glcolor3f(0,1,0);
glvertex;
glcolor3f(0,0,1);
glvertex;

life is so easy
http://www.8ung.at/basiror/theironcross.html

This topic is closed to new replies.