Original Post
hi,
I''ve been brushing up on my matrix maths (from a pure maths/theoretical pov first - not programming it yet), and I''ve found Eric Lengyel''s ''Mathematics for 3D game programming and computer graphics extremely useful.
But I''m a little stuck with the algorithm presented on p32 (for those with a copy). It basically uses a form of gaussian elimination to calculate the inverse of a 3x3 matrix. However, the example in the book has lots of "convenient" numbers - such that the author can skip a few steps, my own examples/tests aren''t so simple...
can someone point me towards a fairly clear explanation of the maths for calculating inverses?
I''ve found a few chock-full of complex maths-speak, but I really need an idiots guide to get this straight in my head
cheers,
Jack
DirectX 4 VB: All you need for multimedia programming in Visual Basic
Formula 1 Championship Manager, My Game Project.