Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Need Team Members for Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon Type Game

Started by Eric Poitras Oct 17, 2003 at 10:43 AM 6 replies 1k views
Original Post
Eric Poitras
Eric Poitras
Hi, I'm currently setting up a project that needs talented and dedicated individuals. Here's a quick description: Animal Crosssing/Harvest moon type game set up to play multiplayer online. The game will be on the Windows Platform and programmed with OpenGL. Audio format for programming has not been set as of yet. We need people to work for free on this project and maybe once this project is done we'll try to get a contract with a publisher for another title. Also this is a no-dates project meaning that they're won't be any deadlines to meet, everyone will have the time they need to work on what they feel is right for them. Here are the positions that are needed to fill in: Design ------ Game Designer - Need anyone who has passion about this type of game and would like to help in brainstorming and core design. Documentation - Need Designers with knowledge of writing documentation like Concept Paper, Proposal, Preliminary Design Document and Technical Design Document. Programming ----------- Lead Programmer - needs to know how to set up a basic Engine or GameShell. Programmers - Need programers for Audio, Game Mechanics, AI, Collision Detection, Scene Loading (OpenGL). Art --- 3D modelers - Need modelers that can model low poly characters based upon concept drawings. Must have experience working with Milkshape 3D or at least has the capacity to learn it and needs to understand models will be skinned depending on the drawing. Concept Artists - Need artists that like to draw characters and animals, all drawings must be cartoon-like or japanese anime style. Audio ----- Sound Artists - Anyone interested in making music or sound effects for this game. Prefereably music that will fit in this genre. That's about it for now. We are in the recruitment stage right now so it might take some time to get started, also this is a long process so this is going to take time to create and complete. If anyone is interested in any of the positions above please let me know at Eric.Poitras@gdnmail.net. Please send some example work you have done in the past (ie. Source Code, Concept papers, Drawings, Rendered Models on Jpg. and audio files.) Thanks [edited by - Eric Poitras on October 17, 2003 2:20:09 PM]
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
LuckyNewbie
LuckyNewbie
Okay, it's uncalled for... but maybe you should get this guy to help

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=185857

EDIT: link

[edited by - LuckyNewbie on October 18, 2003 1:06:09 AM]
"Let me just ejaculate some ideas"
Eric Poitras
Eric Poitras
I don''t understand why it''s uncalled for or silly, Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing are both Best Selling games and the market in it is booming because you see more and more female players playing these types of games. Not mentioning male players that buy these games for they''re sister, girlfriend, and/or wife and end up playing them and liking it themselves. I know the market is there I just need developers.

Besides I already have 4 people plus me on the list, so that makes 5 so far. If you can''t see potential then just keep it to yourselves.

Thanks.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
OrangyTang
OrangyTang
quote:
Original post by Eric Poitras
Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing are both Best Selling games and the market in it is booming.


Yes, so best selling that the big N isn''t even doing a PAL release. Bastards. Although I think you underestimate your market, they may attract more female players but that doesn''t mean its at the expense of male gamers.
Eric Poitras
Eric Poitras
True, but like I said before; Girl''s have boyfriends and almost all males are interested in games. The first time I played Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing was when my girlfriend wanted to play it and I enjoyed both games. On the plus side the game will be played online so you''ll have towns with limit of four players, each town can be accessed by guest acounts depending on the player hosting the server. I beleive that people are really gonna catch on this game. It''s gonna FREE!

After we get ppl caught on the first one, we''ll try to market a second one or maybe charge for expansion packs... I know it''s far fetched but I''m stuck at a dead end job and I don''t have anything to loose so I might as well do something productive with my time. there must be other developers like me out there.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
maxd gaming
maxd gaming


Design
------
Game Designer - Need anyone who has passion about this type of game and would like to help in brainstorming and core design.

I COULD DO THIS!


Documentation - Need Designers with knowledge of writing documentation like Concept Paper, Proposal, Preliminary Design Document and Technical Design Document.


I COULD DO THIS!

Programming
-----------
Lead Programmer - needs to know how to set up a basic Engine or GameShell.



Programmers - Need programers for Audio, Game Mechanics, AI, Collision Detection, Scene Loading (OpenGL).

Hmm, COULD PROBABLY DO **SOME** OF THIS. (I''m still quite low on the programmer food chain though)

Art
---
3D modelers - Need modelers that can model low poly characters based upon concept drawings. Must have experience working with Milkshape 3D or at least has the capacity to learn it and needs to understand models will be skinned depending on the drawing.

Concept Artists - Need artists that like to draw characters and animals, all drawings must be cartoon-like or japanese anime style.

Audio
-----
Sound Artists - Anyone interested in making music or sound effects for this game. Prefereably music that will fit in this genre.

I COULD DO SFX not MUSIC THOUGH





[edited by - Eric Poitras on October 17, 2003 2:20:09 PM]





int me; //Maxd Gaming

int you; // You

int theRestOfYou; //Everyone Else


do:

do: //Assuming do/while loops can be nested



me = me++;

while (you > me);

while (me > theRestOfYou);

Eric Poitras
Eric Poitras
Hey MaxD, Just send me an email at Eric.Poitras@gdnmail.net and if you can send me some stuff that you did in the past that would be great.

I''ll respond to your email and we''ll go from there!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.