Metallica S&M

Started by
10 comments, last by tHiSiSbOb 20 years, 5 months ago
I like a few of the S&M pieces, but I think that they did some old songs quite poorly. Two of these are: One and Nothing Else Matters. What do you guys think about it? "Computers are only as smart as their programers" -------------------------------------------------------- TTSIODS - This Type of Signature is Overdone Society. To join, put this in your signature. ________________________________________________________ Official Member of the GameDev Members for Revolution Movement. Our goal is to thwart the age old tyranny that so many of us have fallen victim to. To support the cause, put this in your sig.
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.
Advertisement
Personally its one of my absolute favorite albums, and there isn''t a single song I don''t love. Nothing Else Matters is one of my favorites, actually, and One is awsome too, but I am on of those dorky symphony musicians / cellists / apocalyptica nuts, so maybe I don''t count compared to common opinion.

What don''t you like about it, if I may ask?
quote:Original post by code4fun
Personally its one of my absolute favorite albums, and there isn''t a single song I don''t love. Nothing Else Matters is one of my favorites, actually, and One is awsome too, but I am on of those dorky symphony musicians / cellists / apocalyptica nuts, so maybe I don''t count compared to common opinion.

What don''t you like about it, if I may ask?

I absolutely LOVE the orchestration. What makes me dislike it is Hetfield''s singing...He does weird stuff in S&M. I just think that the singing on some of the originals was better. Aside from the singing, it does rock.

"Computers are only as smart as their programers"
--------------------------------------------------------
TTSIODS - This Type of Signature is Overdone Society. To join, put this in your signature.
Metallica is incredible. But personally, I think all of you have forgotten to mention what most people believe to be the best song on that cd, "No leaf Clovers". Now that''s an amazing piece of music.

--BioX
There are three types of people in this world, those who can count, and those who can't
quote:Original post by bioagentX
Metallica is incredible. But personally, I think all of you have forgotten to mention what most people believe to be the best song on that cd, "No leaf Clovers". Now that''s an amazing piece of music.

--BioX

Tis great indeed.
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.
It''s one of my all time favorite cds, it inspired me to learn to solo a la Kirk Hammet.
I would say S&M was their last good album. I love it, the mix of symphony and metal really worked in that case. It would be interesting to see what would happen if Symphony X did something similar.. Although Metallica''s last one wasn''t so good. It seemed very rushed, like they only took 1-2 takes of each song and just pressed that on the CD. To end on a slightly better note, my favorite S&M song would probably be "Human".
I like Hetfield''s singing on S&M... it has a raw, honest, and unpolished feel to it that I like. It actually sounds like a live performance... something that I love about Metallica, their ability to sound just as good live as they do in the studio. That two disc set would definately have to be Metallica''s zenith.

I love the album''s rendition of Hero of Day.

---------------------------------------------------
laziness is the foundation of efficiency
retrospiral.net | llamas! | megatokyo | gamedev.net | google
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
imho, uber-heavy metal (i.e. metallica) sucks. Damn, I just can''t stand Hetfields singing and the speed of the raw-sounding headache-inducing ruckess! However, I kinda like "Unforgiven" and "Unforgiven II", only because they''ve got more of a melody and I can almost stand the guys singing :\

ehh, enough bitching... whatever..
pixelwrench.com | [email="matt[nospam]@pixelwrench[nospam]com"]email[/email] lethalhamster: gamedev keeps taking my money, but im too lazy to not let them
quote:Original post by Xtremehobo
imho, uber-heavy metal (i.e. metallica) sucks. Damn, I just can''t stand Hetfields singing and the speed of the raw-sounding headache-inducing ruckess! However, I kinda like "Unforgiven" and "Unforgiven II", only because they''ve got more of a melody and I can almost stand the guys singing :\

ehh, enough bitching... whatever..

Yea, I see where you are comming from. But I just want to say that they have more melodious songs other than the two you mentioned, and they are not uber heavy metal (slipknot is...and they suck hard). Check out ''Nothing Else Matters" (the non S&M version) and you might like it

"Computers are only as smart as their programers"
--------------------------------------------------------
TTSIODS - This Type of Signature is Overdone Society. To join, put this in your signature.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement