Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

PS2 Linux Kit

Started by solid_snake41 Jan 28, 2004 at 6:15 PM 5 replies 1.5k views
Original Post
solid_snake41
solid_snake41
did anyone of you guys have the PS2 Linux kit? if so, do you think it s a good investment to get some knowledge about console game programming?
Snake
Drakonite
Drakonite
You don''t need the ps2 linux kit to get some experience programming for the PS2.

It is more than possible to program for the PS2 without the linux kit, in fact IMO it could be better to not worry about the linux kit at all. (I''d love to have one though )

You do need some method of running the code on your PS2 however, the easiest (but not only) ways are to have a modchip or the ps2linux kit.

I won''t go into detail about it in this post... If very many people seem interested I''ll write up a tutorial for gamedev on getting started with homebrew ps2dev.



Drakonite

[Insert Witty Signature Here]
Shoot Pixels Not People
odizzy
odizzy
I''d love to see a tut on ps2dev
Kafeen
Kafeen
quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
Does anybody think I could use the Linux kit to alter some details in exsisting PS2 games such as carachters and sports uniforms?


No, PS2 linux is totally different to normal PS2 stuff.

There are a couple of PS2 linux tutorials on GameDev.
Part 1: Initialization

Part 2: Drawing Primitives

Not much but its a start.

[edited by - Kafeen on April 21, 2004 6:11:37 PM]

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.