Advertisement

Research on South Korean Online Game Markets???

Started by February 15, 2004 10:45 PM
0 comments, last by interaxion 20 years, 7 months ago
I am preparing to do some research for an online game venture seeking to expand into South Korea. That market has traditionally been very successful, as South Korea has the highest adoption rates in the world for both broadband Internet connections and multimedia mobile communications. The online computer game sector in South Korea was a US$400 million sector with 20 percent growth last year. That being said, it’s believed that the nascent U.S. market will represent a bigger opportunity in coming years. Moreover, market competition is fierce both here and in Asia. The cannibalization of online subscribers is clearly evident since 2001. It is questionable if the market will increase much beyond its present size. Accordingly, has the success of online games entered the phase where game publishers and distributors will be profitable mostly by pilfering market shares, or is it your opinion that the overall market is still growing enough to fuel this sector by itself? If you have insight on the overall online game sector, and specifically in South Korea, your input (and any supporting documentation) will be “massively” appreciated. Thanks Stephan St. Louis O 212-271-3937 Stephan St Louis Senior Consultant Staffmark Creative & Interactive Software (CIS) 212-271-3937 sstlouis@staffmark.com
Stephan St LouisSenior ConsultantStaffmark Creative & Interactive Software (CIS)212-271-3937sstlouis@staffmark.com
I think if people make great MMORPG games then the market will expand worldwide. I currently know that the Korean games market is rocketing and what will stop it slowing down?
WICKED PUBLISHING!INDEPENDENT PUBLISHERAND GAME DEVELOPMENT TEAMBen@Wickedarcade.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement